Argh Hmpf

Saturday, March 31, 2007

There used to be a time when I did not post much on my blog; so what has changed in the last six months? Nothing! (The tormented Matrix fan shall appreciate the reference and significance of this comment). Matrix one liners apart, I’ve gone up the procrastination value chain; these days, I blog but forget to post. The remainder of this post is what I had written but forgotten to post some 3-4 weeks back …

******
As predicted in annals gone and buried not so long ago, it was a tough 2 weeks in Bangalore. The good part though, is that I have finally managed to wrest a compoff (compensatory day off for souls who do not have to work weekends and public holidays) and am now on my way to Calcutta. Its my parents’ marriage anniversary and I haven’t told them I shall be home on Friday itself. On a disconnected note, I think I should rename my blog as ‘the aeroplane diaries’ or something.

******
A thought has begun to disturb me over the last couple of months or so. Life has consisted mostly of work; and a lot of traveling – airport, car, (conference room, hotel)^n car, airport, and sustained high pressure on indefinite loop. The problem is, I think I’m beginning to get a kick out of the consultant lifestyle and there’s a certain element of enjoyment now. Call it the corporate Stockholm syndrome, if you will, but that is how things are beginning to shape up. Frankly speaking, I do not really know whether it’s a good or a bad thing to happen. I haven’t been able to go to a gym regularly for ages now, the pet dream of amateur theater continues to remain just that and creative writing is restricted to writing during flights mostly to Cal, when there aren’t a zillion other things competing for mindspace. To top it all, I’ve managed to convince myself that one should learn at least one musical instrument to accompany the bathroom singing (trigger – Lucky Ali concert at Unmaad ’07); if only to test the musical tolerance of long standing friends and comrades.

******

1 Comments:

  • Call it the corporate Stockholm syndrome, if you will, but that is how things are beginning to shape up.
    Quite true actually. Now I wonder how anyone can be any other way.

    By Blogger Artful Badger, At 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home